,

Trans [Easy Idol Magazine] Interview: Zhou Mi Fabulous, His Own Splendour

00:09



Cover: Not too long ago, the new drama series <Best Couple> officially finished filming for broadcast. From an idol with a refreshing image who gradually grew into the roles of being an actor, he is even eye-catching in variety shows like <Be the Idol> and <Star Escape Room>. Zhou Mi takes on the world as an all-round outstanding celebrity, proving an 
equally gorgeous and exciting solo.


Q: In the new drama with Lee DaHae, your character “Yan XiCheng” was a person who worked hard to fulfill his “celebrity dream”, is the similarity between the character and yourself high? 
Zhou Mi: My character in the drama is quite lucky, because he was discovered while herding sheep. I was scouted on my way to university, The way we debuted was the same, but only that he debuted as an actor and I debuted as a singer. 

Q: Thinking back, what’s the thing you miss most before debut? 
Zhou Mi: The competition days. Because during university, I went to Zhuhai to compete. That time, I thought about quickly coming out with an album. I was by myself during those times, so it was hard work. But I could sing the songs I liked during that time. Thinking back, that time was the most unstressed and happy. 

Q: Through the exposed on-set pictures, a lot of netizens think you and Lee DaHae are really compatible. As an acting senior, did she teach you any acting techniques? 
Zhou Mi: Actually this drama was shot really rushed. Before filming, we didn’t have a lot of time to communicate on the script. But after filming started, when we rehearsed together, she really took care of me. Since it was my first time filming in Korea, there was a lot of things I’m not use to, she would tell me what I should do. We have a good understanding of each other. 

Q: In real life, what kind of girl do you think is your “best couple”?
Zhou Mi: I think a considerate girl has the most charm. Girls all like considerate boys, we are the same (smile)

Q: Even though this is an inspirational drama, it is also a romantic comedy, in real life, do you think you have a high humour index? 
Zhou Mi: I think it’s quite high. But my humour is best displayed while interacting with familiar friends in a relaxed environment. 

Q: You also take on jobs as an MC, are you normally a “chatter box”? 
Zhou Mi: I don’t think so. Even though I am an MC, in private, I usually warm up slowly. If it’s meeting for the first time, I don’t talk a lot. But if it’s with good friends, I will let myself go more. 


Q: On Weibo, fans also gave you fan support. What are their existence to you? 
Zhou Mi: They are my “warming pad”. Because we were filming at Gangwon before, it was really cold there, it’s quite hard filming int he winter. But because of their fan support, my heart felt really warm. 

Q: If you were in a relationship, would you mind wearing couple clothes with your girlfriend? 
Zhou Mi: Probably not when we are out, then it will be too conspicuous. But I would probably be alright to try in private. 

Q: Up until now, which part of life do you think you are at? Are you already met with your parents rushing you to get married? 
Zhou Mi: Probably not rushing to get married, but because my parents can’t take care of me, so they want me to get a girlfriend. The entire last year, I met everyone as a solo artist. Right now, my focus is still on my career. 

Q: Before your performance was really eye-catching in Stars Escape Room, what was your most memorable segment? 
Zhou Mi: This show has a segment called “Speed Quiz” to test reaction time. I realized that a lot of questions were from elementary school textbooks, this brought up a lot of memories from going to school back then. I thought it was really amusing and resonating.


Q: In a certain interview with you in the past, you mentioned you wanted to “learn to be alone”, it seems like you can manage yourself pretty well? Are you good at cooking as well?
Zhou Mi: I am quite good at managing myself, in terms of cooking, I recently just found out I have a talent in it too. (laughs) Sometimes I would go to Jia and Fei’s place and they would be the ones cooking for me. But most of the time when I return from work, I really feel like having some Chinese cuisine, so I thought of trying to cook for myself. Then I went online to look for recipes, the first time I tried, I succeeded right after, thereafter I got more confident in my cooking skills. Tomato egg, fried mollusks, pepper beef and flavoured pork are some of the dishes I’ve ever cooked and they were tasty. (laughs)

Q: Jia, Fei and yourself were hosts for <Idol True Colours> that is really popular. As an MC, what kinds of guests left an impression on you?
Zhou Mi: When we are recording shows, two kinds of guests are usually the most memorable for us. The frst being guests who are more reserved, while the other are guests that never stop talking. (laughs) I think being an MC means having to be able to accept every guest as they are and be really prepared.

Q: Your first album <Rewind> got a lot of attention, are there any plans for a second album? Do you have any plans to hold a Fan Meeting (FM)?
Zhou Mi: The new album is already in the making. When I released <Rewind> I already thought of holding an FM but subsequently due to the ways my schedules were arranged, I really had limited time left and could not do that.I have always wanted to do those unplugged LIVE SHOW, so I hope that for the next album I could go onto more promotional activities back at home in mainland China.

Q: You had stunning renditions when you did the variety show <Be the Idol>, who do you wish to have music collaborations with?
Zhou Mi: I hope that I can more opportunities to work with Chinese musicians. Previously on the set of <Be the Idol> I worked with Khalil Fong. I think he is someone who has a lot of ideas. I hope to have more chances to work with him.




Interesting Q&A:
01 If you could change a weakness into a strength?
I love shopping way too much, there are too many items at home that I have no space for new ones anymore. But I don’t stay in bed and refuse to get up, usually my manager doesn’t have to worry about this, but I kind of wish my manager would come and wake me up. These two things should be exchanged.

02 Describe who Zhou Mi is with an adjective?
Diligent

03 If Jia and Fei both fall into the water?
I will first watch how far they can last. But maybe they would say, you jump in too, let’s all die together (laughs)

04 If tomorrow is Doomsday?
I will go home and be with my family

05 If you receive a call from fans?
In the past I really received and answered calls from fans. Because I don’t really know how to refuse (laughs)


Magazine scans by 傾聽周覓_Listen_For_Mi
Translated by @Vanet9 and @TsweetYumi for @SunshineZhouMi



More

0 comments

tumblr

sunshine TWITTER